This post is also available in: العربية (Arabic)
VAT REPRESENTATION FOR NON RESIDENT ENTITIES
With the introduction of Value Added Tax in Saudi Arabia from 01.01.2018, businesses are required to account for VAT on all transactions in KSA. Since foreign companies do not have permanent offices with a Tax reference in KSA, in such cases, it is required that a tax representative must be appointed to account for VAT on the income generated in KSA.
Key points to note
- As per article number 77 paragraph 2, The Tax Representative shall be jointly liable for payment of any Tax due by the Taxable Person until such date the Tax Representative is confirmed by the Authority as ceasing to act on behalf of that Taxable Person.
- As per article 66 paragraph 5, the company must maintain all invoices, records and accounting documents which related to activity with the representative.
In effect representative will be like an extended office of the company for all VAT purposes.
If you would like to know more about the above VAT representation or any of our services and how we can help you, please contact our representative.
- Mobin Karamat
- Director Consulting
- Mob: + 966 (0) 55 4777 324
- Tel:+ 966 11 4161008 Ext. 209 / 205
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org